Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Things That Make This Much Sense Should Just Happen

A fabulous post urging that 30% of breast cancer funding should be directed toward researching metastatic breast cancer, the only breast cancer that kills.

The other 30% figure signifies the percentage of women who get breast cancer that will see it spread at some point in their lives.

As the article points out, this is now my fight. Like others who have already been diagnosed and treated, prevention and detection efforts, which receive the lion's share of funding, are of no use to me.

Seriously, if great progress can be made on the metastatic bc research front in ten years with adequate funding, I say let's start yesterday.

It's a no-brainer for me to say that if my cancer ever does come back and/or spread, I'd want some good research, some cure, out there for me.

Wouldn't we all?

Thanks to Nancy's Point for steering me toward information about this effort.

No comments:

Post a Comment